⪻Before you start searching for your bike...⪼
⪻Searching for your bike...⪼
⪻Did you only get inaccurate GSM signals, or no signals at all?⪼
⪻Applicable insurance: How-to proceed with your claim?⪼
⪻When will your case be forwarded?⪼
BEFORE YOU START SEARCHING FOR YOUR BIKE...
Report the incident to the police.
Bike thieves are criminals. Please note that you should not, and are not encouraged taking any risks. Keep a safe distance, and make contact with the correct channels if needed. You may contact our theft handling partner, or/and police for further, physical assistance.
BikeFinder support is available for guidance on how-to locate your bike within opening hours. See contact details here.
SEARCHING FOR YOUR BIKE...
1. Report the theft to BikeFinder via the application. Select "Report theft".
We will make contact with you through mail as soon as possible between Monday and Friday (GMT+1) from 08:00 to 16:00. If you have live, active signals, we will attempt giving you a call on your registered phone number.
You may call our theft handling partner (+47 969 23 378) outside of our working hours, on key selection: ''Theft support''. The same number is used to reach us within our working hours.
2. Activate Tracking Mode on the device to get more position updates, if you already do not have active signals.
Do not have this mode active for more than 30-40 minutes, as this mode will drain your tracker's battery. This mode is only for 1) triggering new, active signals, and 2) testing/troubleshooting purposes.
Tracking mode will continiously work to attempt receiving new signals. This is it's main purpose.
➣ Modes and signals
3. Navigate to ''History'' in the app to view and track all incoming positions.
Open the BikeFinder application ➣ Select your tracker ➣ Select ''History''
4. Have the application open while you are searching for the bike. Ensure that you have Bluetooth enabled in your phone's settings.
5. If you are receiving new GPS positions in the BikeFinder application, you can start tracking your bike.
It is important to verify date and timestamp so that you do not chase after old data, which will be of no use.
6. Turn on Bluetooth in your phone's settings. If your bike is near your phone/application, BLE will automatically connect and show the distance in meters; within 60 meters from the bike.
• GPS positions are accurate - within 5-10 meters
• GSM positions are not as accurate, and can be within 2500 meters
• Bluetooth is very precise and it's range is about 60 meters, depending on conditions
This means that starting from a GSM position, you might have to move around a bit to get the Bluetooth within range. Therefore it will be much easier finding your bike when you have active GPS signals.
DID YOU ONLY GET INACCURATE GSM SIGNALS, OR NO SIGNALS AT ALL?
1. Activate security mode on your tracker to save battery.
2. Wait until you get a notification from when there is movement. Understand how the movement sensor works here.
3. Look for new, active GPS signals.
4. If you have new, live GPS signals, try searching for your bike again using Bluetooth after arriving the latest GPS destination.
APPLICABLE INSURANCE: HOW-TO PROCEED WITH YOUR CLAIM?
Did you not find your stolen bike, or did you experience a theft attempt where the bike or it's equipment were damaged?
You can fill out this ➣ Insurance Claim Report. When you have filled out the form, you will receive a standard response from BikeFinder support stating what information and documentation we advise you to provide. You may respond to the same mail chain.
WHEN WILL YOUR CASE BE FORWARDED?
We do not forward a case as long as the tracker is still active, but we do however start the process of readying the information we receive from you, so that the case will be ready to be forwarded when it's time. The bicycle still statistically has a good chance of being found within 7-14 days from when the theft took place. If the tracker is not responding at all, we will concider forwarding your case sooner. Luckely most bike owners manage to find their bikes again with help of the Bikefinder tracker.
➣ Insurance Terms & Conditions